Prepaid cards – Can they help students budget?
University life is the perfect time to really take control of your finances and learn how to manage your money efficiently. The first step to doing this is to find yourself the best current account for students.
Why choose icount for your student current account?
With the icount current account and prepaid Mastercard®, you will have a safe place to store the money that you will need during your time at university, all whilst having the added security that you can’t go overboard with your spending.
Not only that, it’s also a fantastic alternative to a high street student bank account, so if you’ve had trouble finding the right account for you elsewhere, you might have more luck with us!
Why is icount useful for students?
- A prepaid card is safer than cash when in shared accommodation
- If you’re splitting utility bills with housemates, icount offers a place to set that money aside
- You’ll have access to real-time transaction information, whether you’re in front of a computer or on the go – use the Cashplus app (Cashplus service the account)
- Benefit from FREE purchase protection when you pay using the icount prepaid card
- We offer a variety of ways for you to top up your card, including real-time loading at any UK Post Office branch so your money is available straight away
- You won’t have to worry about getting into debt or your application being rejected
- You can have your money automatically paid in, whether it be from work, friends and family or your student loan installment
- You could improve your credit rating via Creditbuilder™ at no extra cost
- Instant access to bespoke offers and discounts
On the lookout for a student credit card?
Our prepaid MasterCard provides a safer and stress-free alternative to using a student credit card. Simply set yourself a spending budget (just like you would have with a credit card limit) and use your icount card as your would a regular credit card.
If you were considering a credit card to help improve your credit score, not to worry. With icount’s free to use Creditbuilder tool, you can enjoy your spending knowing that you could also be improving your financial situation as you go.
What’s more is that you’ll never get into debt using our card and you are 100% guaranteed* to be accepted, as long as you are 18 and a UK resident.
Begin improving your finances with a student current account from us
As a university student you now have a brand new responsibility of being completely in control of your finances away from home. It can be tempting to splurge and splash the cash, but taking charge of your finances now will offer you huge financial benefits in the long run.
The first step to financial security is to choose the right student current account for you, so be sure to consider icount’s offering before making a decision on who to trust your money with.