A great option for students to assist with university life
Students will require a safe place to put their money and the icount current account with prepaid MasterCard is the ideal solution. It can act as a great alternative to a high street account (which will come with a student overdraft – risky) as well as a great alternative to a credit card, which could be the start of ramping up student debt.
You are 100% guaranteed* to be accepted for an icount, as long as you are over 18 and resident in the UK – remember there are no credit checks done!
Why is icount useful for students?
- Safer than cash when in shared accomodation
- Good for money sharing with housemates for utilities and other household bills
- Real time transaction information whether in front of a computer, or on the go – use the Cashplus app for our icount
- Safety – remember all our accounts benefit from FREE purchase protection
- Easy to use
- Lots of loading methods including real-time loading at any UK Post Office branch
- Avoid getting in to debt and obtaining bank overdrafts
- A safe mechanism to have money paid in, whether it be from work, friends / family or a student loan
- At no extra cost, start building your credit history up via Creditbuilder™
- Access to bespoke offers and discounts